Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Connecting a 400d at prime focus to 80ED - CONFUSED.

I have just purchased a C80ED and would like to attach my 400d directly to it.

The scope has a 1.25" direct SLR adapter on the focuser but I would like to attach it to the 2" focuser instead.

What do I need to do this?

Also, will I need any other bits'bobs etc to get focus.

CONFUSED.

When I said that the one you have would be fine, I meant the one you have pointed a link to!

As I suggested, you may not need an extension at all but the way to find out it to point the 'scope at a distant object with the tube racked fully out and bring the camera body up behind it in line with the focus tube and attached 2" throat and see if you can achieve focus. If you hit the 2" throat on the focus tube before you achieve focus then you won't need an extension tube.

The 2" adapter you have would work fine BUT as you will have removed the diagonal, the light path may well be too short so you may need an extension tube to make up the difference in length.

You will need an extension tube if you remove the diagonal.

The 2" adapter you have would work fine BUT as you will have removed the diagonal, the light path may well be too short so you may need an extension tube to make up the difference in length.

You will need an extension tube if you remove the diagonal.

Agreed completely... I have a 300D and an ED80 and use the diagonal as the extension tube.

Ant

Archived