Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A bit of a shaggy nag!

simmo39

Well this has been a killer of job for me. Im saying its a work in process but for the moment this is it. I have had problems with reflections and poor seeing. I was hoping that I could get away without to much of a crop but that went out of the window! Still v noisy  and lots of little bits that need sorting.

so to the boring stuff.

25 Ha 240 sec unity gain

30 Oiii 240 sec unity gain

28 Si 240 sec 200 gain ( just an experiment )

46271538034_8013bc4300_b.jpg

46271458104_6985abe6c6_b.jpg

Hints and tips please.

3 minutes ago, carastro said:

It looks like an excellent image.  I always find this target difficult to appreciate fully in narrowband, I wonder if there are any other combinations of the palette.

Carole 

Hi Carole, thank you.  I have been working on a HOS palette and thats looking interesting. Still having great problems with Alintak, that star needs a dimmer fitting!

Great detail--a tough palette for this target...probably just because it is typically seen in red.  there is no real reason it can't be done in this palette like many other nebulae.  Careful with dark ringing around small stars--you initial post had this--the later versions did not and the stars look much more natural.  If you can manage more subs the flower-like nebula under the HH will start to stand out.  As is, though, its a great image that doesn't NEED anything more...the mind fires on all cylinders when viewing this region.  The image of the HH is always more than the sum of its pixels.

Rodd

1 hour ago, MartinB said:

Great effort and interesting to see the different renditions.  I'm increasingly thinking that Nasa came up with the idea of SII on April 1st as a practical joke, it is the work of the devil!

When I got Sii subs at 200 gain they came out the best Sii subs I have ever done. Not sure whether the HH is Sii rich or uping the gain paid off.

Here is the stacked Sii subs

46096443945_f323552ba9_b.jpg

10 hours ago, carastro said:

It looks like an excellent image.  I always find this target difficult to appreciate fully in narrowband, I wonder if there are any other combinations of the palette.

Carole 

Dont know if anyones posted this up before but I only came across it the other day while watching a video on youtube by Dylan O'Donnell

https://bintel.com.au/narrowband-preview-tool/index.phpl

You upload your 3 channels, be it narrowband or RGB and it gives you a preview of all possible palettes! You need to save a stretched channel as jpeg and resize to 1024 wide. I have 3 uncalibrated narrowband stacks of the Flaming star nebula and I've just tried this tool. Have to say its quite good! Link to my data below:

https://bintel.com.au/narrowband-preview-tool/?ha=uploads/ha2019FebWed02408152.jpg&sii=uploads/sii2019FebWed02408152.jpg&oiii=uploads/oiii2019FebWed02408152.jpg

Archived