Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wish me well tonight

Kai

With the sky looking that its going to be clearish i am planning to go out and grab a image for the first time on about 6 months !!!

Just to make things a bit more tricky , I will be using a new CCD (SXVFH9) and Maxim to capture the images.Both i have no experiance on :?

Still at least i will be out imaging :hello1:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck Steve, what target are you after?

Gawd only knows , i have forgotton sooo much , Maybe the moon ???? :D

Seriously im open to suggestions , i have a fairly good view to the south and a HA / CLS filter and im on Hols so time isnt really a issue.

It may well end up being M42 later on as its big bright and easy but something earlier would be nice :help:

I'm guessing you'll be imaging with the ED80 :D.

Not knowing what your North view is like, why not go for some of the nebulae in Cassiopeia and Cepheus? Nice and high in the early evening :help:. Highlights include: NGC 281 (Pacman neb), NGC 7380 (wizard), NGC 896/IC 1795 (the Heart's 'appendage'), NGC 7635 (Bubble)....

Tony..

Bubble in Ha is an excellent idea. You can then move onto M42 as a narrow band image throught the ed80 too. I have an SXV H9 (no F in my stats) and it is an excellent camera. You'll a decent FOV on the ed80. What do you have guiding?

Anthony

I put it down the "SteveL effect" when he's around everything seems to go smoothly :D:help::lol:

FLO will soon be stocking SteveL mascots, which you can stand in front of your scope and radiate my special sub-space good vibes :laugh:

(They also double as Voodoo dolls for those "Gah, another POTW!!??" moments)

I put it down the "SteveL effect" when he's around everything seems to go smoothly :D:help::lol:

FLO will soon be stocking SteveL mascots, which you can stand in front of your scope and radiate my special sub-space good vibes :laugh:

(They also double as Voodoo dolls for those "Gah, another POTW!!??" moments)

Do they come with dew prevention?

Tony..

Archived