Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Getting back into imaging after a long break

Gina

Cygnus Loop at full resolution.  4600x3560 pixel resolution is pushing things a bit I think with the lens at full aperture.  This is a crop of the full image retaining the resolution.

Light_OIII_60_secs_2019-08-23T23-00-53_001b.thumb.png.3a2bc267a739c809699cae78e5b05f0a.png

Edited by Gina

I'm just fooling around ATM looking at other possible targets. I now have a very good north-east horizon, so Pacman, Heart etc are very well placed already. Pacman fills the frame at 910mm fl with the Trius 694, while Mel15 is looking quite good.

• Like 1

I can only image in OIII because I haven't got remote focus working and Ha/SII are out of focus.  Vintage SLR camera lenses are not fully apochromatic right into the deep red of Ha and SII.

Yep, a couple or three autofocus units are on the cards.

Now trying a quick and very dirty run on Mel 15, just for fun, 30 mins each S, H, O in 10 min subs no refocus and hope my TS triplet apo, really is apo.

I wonder if the controller unit on the Esprit scope if working alright.  Might check that tomorrow.   Unfortunately, FOV won't cover the Cygnus Loop - needs a 135mm lens.  Hmm... time I set up a rig with 135mm lens.  I have 135mm f2.8 lenses.  Wonder if I could get away without guiding...  Guess it will depend on how good my PA is.