Is FLO Safe?

Just a thought but surely most if not all the telescopes FLO dispatches are in the box they were supplied in from the manufacturer i.e. China for example. They wouldn't be repackaged would they?  So if they've come that far in that packaging they'd be fine mailed on. 

And I second, third, fourth .... what everyone else has said. FLO are an absolutely top notch supplier in all aspects.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

They wouldn't be repackaged would they?  So if they've come that far in that packaging they'd be fine mailed on. 

Most large items, like Dobsonain telescopes and GEQ Mounts, are dispatched in their original box / packaging and arrive unharmed but occasionally we do add additional packaging material and reinforce box corners. I.e. the HEQ5 Pro is supplied in two boxes. The long box with the tripod includes a counterweight at one end. We learned it occasionally breaks free of the box so we routinely reinforce the box corners before dispatch. And of course people rarely order only a telescope or mount, they often include accessories like an eyepiece, a collimation tool, dew prevention and filters. We pack those ourselves. Every order we receive for delivery outside the UK is dispatched from our warehouse in Exeter. Not drop-shipped. So we are wholly responsible for it's safe delivery. We also don't employ temps so only FLO staff (Jenna & Lisa) prepare, pack and dispatch orders. Between them they have several years experience. 

HTH 

1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

And I second, third, fourth .... what everyone else has said. FLO are an absolutely top notch supplier in all aspects.

Thank-you, from everyone at FLO ? 

Annette, Grant, James, Jenna, Lisa, Martin, Rob & Steve. 

5 hours ago, Mognet said:

Telescope packages are usually quite well protected. My Skywatcher 200p arrived in a box within a box, both of heavy duty corrugated cardboard, and with polystyrene packing suspending the tube within the inner box. WIth this level of packaging it's going to be difficult to break in transit

20161008_191714.thumb.jpg.952caf78d469f9da2e1fe8159be37345.jpg

5 hours ago, DavidJM said:

WOW, you even get a free cat ?

The new range of cat-adioptric 'scopes from ACME Optical Corp are purr-fect. 

3 hours ago, FLO said:

Most large items, like Dobsonain telescopes and GEQ Mounts, are dispatched in their original box / packaging and arrive unharmed but occasionally we do add additional packaging material and reinforce box corners. I.e. the HEQ5 Pro is supplied in two boxes. The long box with the tripod includes a counterweight at one end. We learned it occasionally breaks free of the box so we routinely reinforce the box corners before dispatch. And of course people rarely order only a telescope or mount, they often include accessories like an eyepiece, a collimation tool, dew prevention and filters. We pack those ourselves. Every order we receive for delivery outside the UK is dispatched from our warehouse in Exeter. Not drop-shipped. So we are wholly responsible for it's safe delivery. We also don't employ temps so only FLO staff (Jenna & Lisa) prepare, pack and dispatch orders. Between them they have several years experience. 

HTH 

Thank-you, from everyone at FLO ? 

Annette, Grant, James, Jenna, Lisa, Martin, Rob & Steve. 

Good to read you take so much care. ?

Flo pack things to a degree that make things almost bomb proof.

I recently upgraded my focuser and the box arrived as an 18 inch cubed box full of packing and polystyrene.  Somewhere in there was another much smaller box containing my moonlite focuser.

Archived