SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is FLO Safe?

Hey guys it's me again. I am about to order  my first telescope.my parents are a little concerned about the site. They're worried that the telescope might arrived broken because it's shipping from England to Greece, that's a long way.we one day has anybody ever gotten broken packages from first light optics? If so did they give you a replacement or do they give you the funds back?

Thanks

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kronos831 said:

Hey guys it's me again. I am about to order  my first telescope.my parents are a little concerned about the site. They're worried that the telescope might arrived broken because it's shipping from England to Greece, that's a long way.we one day has anybody ever gotten broken packages from first light optics? If so did they give you a replacement or do they give you the funds back?

Thanks

Well there is always a risk when shipping overseas, but if anyone was going to ship to me overseas I would want it to be FLO, and if there is an issue they will sort for sure.....probably the best retailer in the U.K. for Astro kit... :)

Hi,

Can only say the same as above. Packages always really well packed with lots of foam packing to take up any space and they use reliable couriers like DPD.

If really worried then do contact them saying what it is you are looking to purchase. I am sure if you inspect the goods when received and if the box looks damaged at all then the courier should be responsible, I am not certain about that but contact FLO, phone or email they will get back to you pretty quickly.

Steve

I saw a recent post where they delivered items to Australia, so Greece is just round the corner in relative terms, so should be no issues at all.

They are extremely professional, so any issues would be addressed in the appropriate way.

44 minutes ago, Kronos831 said:

Thanks

Is there a particular reason for ordering from a different country?

Thank-you for the kind words ? 

We dispatch most products to most countries, including Greece ??

We use good packaging so damage is rare. If something does arrive damaged we will look after you (usually we simply collect and replace). This is true wherever you live and next month's politics will not change that. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Telescope packages are usually quite well protected. My Skywatcher 200p arrived in a box within a box, both of heavy duty corrugated cardboard, and with polystyrene packing suspending the tube within the inner box. WIth this level of packaging it's going to be difficult to break in transit

20161008_191714.thumb.jpg.952caf78d469f9da2e1fe8159be37345.jpg

25 minutes ago, Mognet said:

Telescope packages are usually quite well protected. My Skywatcher 200p arrived in a box within a box, both of heavy duty corrugated cardboard, and with polystyrene packing suspending the tube within the inner box. WIth this level of packaging it's going to be difficult to break in transit

20161008_191714.thumb.jpg.952caf78d469f9da2e1fe8159be37345.jpg

WOW, you even get a free cat ?

FLO's boxes are excellent.  I wanted my telescope adjusted and it went there and back twice in the same packaging and it was still all undamaged 2nd time around.  I cannot see any reason to be concerned, but I can understand why your parents have asked you to find out.  It is good that they have taken an interest, but I think you can tell them that FLO come highly recommended.

Yes. Wot they all said. Big thumbs up to FLO.

In about 10 years of buying from them I have never had a damaged parcel. Everything is very well packed.

There was one parcel that did not arrive.
The (Fedex I think) driver left his van with the keys in the ignition while delivering.
When he returned, the van had gone!

Archived