NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First snow -ish...

emadmoussa

Hey, it's going to snow heavily tonight. That was the Met Office's message yesterday. 

Well, this morning, the sun has lifted the veil off what the night had withheld. Nothing but thin, scattered patches of snow-wanna-be(s). It's like a heavily pregnant elephant giving birth to a tiny mouse. 

20190117_085119.thumb.jpg.d09d7fd7c3bd01ae7c453c493919335b.jpg20190117_085109.thumb.jpg.9da544969de65040051efee4f75c747d.jpg

Or invite it? I've had a history of being a snow hex machine. Everywhere I lived, it almost stopped snowing as soon as I moved there. I even went to southern Canada, a place where it snowed heavily every year, but it didn't snow properly that year. They said it was unusual. 

Or perhaps the forecast was just as accurate as always!

Was this the Met Office or a BBC type forecast?
BBC dumped Met Office for a cheaper option with Meteo to be good value with the licence fee.
Good value my eye! The forecast has been so wrong, so many times, the saving was in accuracy as well as cost IMHO.

We had a little flurry this morning and then light hale and now sun and its all gone.

I was talking to an friend in the next village who also lives high up and in a remoter house than ours. He said, 'When it snowed I used to come outside and say Wow, isn't that beautiful? Now when it snows I go outside and say Oh beggar!

I'm a bit that way myself these days.

Olly

1 hour ago, The Admiral said:

Not convinced the Met Office was any better ..

+1  to that......  

Their forecast programmes have a strange 'midnight' anomaly as you can have unbroken clear skies from 1800-2359 on one day, and then, on the press of the icon..... partial cloud and 5% chance of rain at 0001....on the next day.!!!!       Saying that, the clear skies bit has not been very accurate since  December 20th....    oh well....

On 17/01/2019 at 09:58, emadmoussa said:

Hey, it's going to snow heavily tonight. That was the Met Office's message yesterday. 

Well, this morning, the sun has lifted the veil off what the night had withheld. Nothing but thin, scattered patches of snow-wanna-be(s). It's like a heavily pregnant elephant giving birth to a tiny mouse. 

20190117_085119.thumb.jpg.d09d7fd7c3bd01ae7c453c493919335b.jpg20190117_085109.thumb.jpg.9da544969de65040051efee4f75c747d.jpg

Lovely bit of countryside there, do you get out often on the hills?

We had some snow but the rain washed most of it away.

Not a big fan of snow; it disables the whole of the UK and reflects light pollution...  :D

1 hour ago, Beulah said:

Lovely bit of countryside there, do you get out often on the hills?

We had some snow but the rain washed most of it away.

Not a big fan of snow; it disables the whole of the UK and reflects light pollution...  :D

It's snowing heavily right now.

And, yes, it does make LP a lot worse. 

Rarely do I go into the hills. I've been up to my eyes, TBH. Maybe in Spring. 

Archived