Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help in mounting Sentinal on EQ3

Rob

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mount in the Scopes'n'skies picture is an Astro 3, nothing like an EQ3. The Astro 3 mount is just a slightly beefed up EQ2.

Plus there's no difference between an EQ3 and EQ3/2 btw, just that most people drop the /2 part.

Rob, pretty sure you could bolt the shoe to the EQ3 using that offset hole. Feel free to try it with my Sentinel.

There's approx 160-170mm of tube you can attach rings to on the Sentinel/Revelation. So if the gap between the holes on the EQ3 is 150mm, it shouldn't be a problem. Feel free to try it out Rob. That'll answer the question for Steve too.

Russ

Not so sure about this quick plate to be honest know... just tryying to judge its size & how well it will sit on the motor plate.

I may have to ditch the Sentinal Idea and go for a ED80!!

Rob

Thanks James. jury is out on 3 scopes at the mo.

I have found this dovetail bar also... its interesting, I wonder if its like the one thats attached to the skymax 127?. if yes, we are in business.

http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_eqdz.htm (check the close up shot) 2 of the 11 holes are 150mm apart - so it should allwo screw down to the mount????? --- yipee!

Rob

Archived