NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which red light head-torch?

After 4 years, my Petzl Tactikka + torch is failing, I like this head torch as there's a red filter that flips down  to uncover the white light. 

It's replacement needs to be light weight, easy to use with gloves and can switch the red light on / off without cycling through a white light....any recommendations please? The current Tactikka + plus doesn't have the red filter, some of the Petzl range now have to cycled through white to red light which is crazy.

Thanks,

Chris

Funnily enough I spent some time researching this last night. I settled on this. Biggest selling point was the fact that the red light can be dimmed very low so you can have the minimum amount of light required. 

Black Diamond Unisex's Spot headlamp, Black, 1size https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06W54SBSL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_jzE4BbAJG1YHV

The Petzl Tikka i have doesn't need to be cycled through white to red. It has 3 white intensities, dim, medium and Death Ray which are cycled through each time but a long press of the button switches to red. If switched off from red it switches back on to red again. The same applies to white. This one:

Screenshot_20181106-191942_Amazon Shopping.jpg

17 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

The Petzl Tikka i have doesn't need to be cycled through white to red. It has 3 white intensities, dim, medium and Death Ray which are cycled through each time but a long press of the button switches to red. If switched off from red it switches back on to red again.

How bright is the red. I have an LED Lenser with similar features, but the red LED is too 'focused' into a small beam, and so ends up too bright for others if I'm viewing in a group... 

7 minutes ago, adyj1 said:

How bright is the red. I have an LED Lenser with similar features, but the red LED is too 'focused' into a small beam, and so ends up too bright for others if I'm viewing in a group... 

Not sure as I've not compared to anything else. Seems about right I'd say?!

Archived