NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Star Adventurer, Ordered!

Chris

I've come so close to ordering one of these so many times now, so I've finally placed my order with FLO. I'm hoping it will boost my mojo a little as I've been running on 50% when it comes to astro for the last few months. I've only been getting out about once or twice a month in all honesty. Hopefully this new toy will rectify things, I'm hoping to do so wide field imaging, solar, lunar, and some hyper lapses combined with my G80's inbuilt time lapse feature. 

We'll see, but I've heard so many good things about this very affordable little mount, I just couldn't put it off any longer ?

Any tips very much appreciated of course :) 

I've been considering doing exactly the same for a while myself Chris. LP and work/life has finally ruined my own back garden for any serious imaging. A nice lightweight/portable setup that isn't a massive expense would be the way to go. 

I still need to do some further research on what to put on the platform, although I do have an astro modded Canon 1000D somewhere ? 

Good choice Chris, I really like mine as it can be set up in minutes, using DSLR, no power supplies or computer needed, takes a bit of star hopping to find the target but that's all part of the fun.

An RDF fitted in the camera hot shoe is invaluable.

Dave

3 hours ago, Spikey said:

I've been considering doing exactly the same for a while myself Chris. LP and work/life has finally ruined my own back garden for any serious imaging. A nice lightweight/portable setup that isn't a massive expense would be the way to go. 

I still need to do some further research on what to put on the platform, although I do have an astro modded Canon 1000D somewhere ? 

I'm sorry to hear that, Spikey, similar hear I guess for the work/life. The LP isn't too bad for me, but in my current house I can only pretty much see zenith and a small gap 6 foot wide gap to the south, thus this little carry around mount seems a lot more feasible than an NEQ6 permanently set up in the garden, those days have long gone.

Your 1000D and 200mm lens would be a good combo reckon, but I'll know more when mine arrives :) 

3 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Good choice Chris, I really like mine as it can be set up in minutes, using DSLR, no power supplies or computer needed, takes a bit of star hoping to find the target but that's all part of the fun.

An RDF fitted in the camera hot shoe is invaluable.

Dave

Thanks Dave, good call with the hot shoe RDF, I'll take a look :) 

4 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

well done Chris, you wont regret it, lovely little mount, thay work fantastic, and so light, ive had my one a year now and  I am not disappointed. charl.

4 hours ago, Alan White said:

Nice one Chris,
I hope it fires up the mojo for you.

Thanks both, I'll let you know what I think of it :) 

15 minutes ago, Lockie said:

I'm sorry to hear that, Spikey, similar hear I guess for the work/life. The LP isn't too bad for me, but in my current house I can only pretty much see zenith and a small gap 6 foot wide gap to the south, thus this little carry around mount seems a lot more feasible than an NEQ6 permanently set up in the garden, those days have long gone.

Your 1000D and 200mm lens would be a good combo reckon, but I'll know more when mine arrives :) 

I'm looking forward to your review ? 

6 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Did you order a tripod for it Chris ?

I use the Horizon 8155 as sold by FLO or for a few more pounds SW do a stainless steel one.

Dave 

Thanks for checking Dave, that's all sorted :) I have a Foto mate tripod and one of the skywatcher ones, I think they market it specifically for the SA by chance!

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-star-adventurer/sky-watcher-tripod-for-star-adventurer-mini.html

Archived