NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC7635 HaRGB

Astrobug

This is one from last week. I was trying to keep the colors neutral to give a more "natural" look.

ASI 1600MM pro
H-alpha (6nm) 249 x 120 sec
3 x 50 x RGB 60 sec
Esprit 100
Avalon Linear & autoguiding
Software APT, EQ mod & PS CS6.

NGC7635-HaRGB-kopie

Wow this is really good.. I quite like that! Good colors, much in the way I like them to look to, not too much saturation.

It does however look like you have some dark rings around stars, deconvolution?

Beautiful bubble, and the area around it is also full of interesting gas and dust formations.

6 hours ago, jjosefsen said:

Wow this is really good.. I quite like that! Good colors, much in the way I like them to look to, not too much saturation.

It does however look like you have some dark rings around stars, deconvolution?

Beautiful bubble, and the area around it is also full of interesting gas and dust formations.

You are talking about the rings around the big stars mostly in the border of the picture?

These are coming from the color layer. The stars are much smaller on the Ha layer and the color expand over the border of the Ha stars.

This is something I struggle with. Maybe more RGB integration could help by getting the same level of color with less stretching the curve?

15 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

Very nice. 

Sorry what does 3 x 50 x RGB 60 sec mean? 

50 times Red with subs of  60 sec, 50 times Green with subs of 60 sec and 50 times Blue with subs of  60 sec.

I try to keep it short in the description :)

49 minutes ago, Astrobug said:

You are talking about the rings around the big stars mostly in the border of the picture?

These are coming from the color layer. The stars are much smaller on the Ha layer and the color expand over the border of the Ha stars.

This is something I struggle with. Maybe more RGB integration could help by getting the same level of color with less stretching the curve?

Great image

The ASI 1600MM camera variants seem to be a popular on here.

I have the same issue stacking RGB with narrowband not found an ideal way of fixing it that works.

1 hour ago, Astrobug said:

Aah ok. It just looks exactly like the artifacts you get with insufficient star protection when doing deconvolution. Haven't tried NB RGB combination yet myself..

44 minutes ago, jjosefsen said:

Aah ok. It just looks exactly like the artifacts you get with insufficient star protection when doing deconvolution. Haven't tried NB RGB combination yet myself..

I'm using a layer with the stars before the deconvolution as toplayer in photoshop.

Left is with the layer active and right it is off.

image.thumb.png.f3ce7d84f290dcbc1762c9b822979952.png

On 11/10/2018 at 15:56, wornish said:

Great image

The ASI 1600MM camera variants seem to be a popular on here.

I have the same issue stacking RGB with narrowband not found an ideal way of fixing it that works.

I played this afternoon a bit with the data. It seems I have use the saturation tool too much on the color data. With less saturation the colors stays closer to the star. The only way left to get more color is to collect more data if i'm not wrong.

Archived