Need to vent my anger at clouds

Wirral man

? if you have read most of my posts you will know it's been a long road to getting everything working .....now finally get a good night and blooming clouds I just dont believe it really dont I'm thinking about getting a one shot colour now as my asi1600 mm is taking to long to get results....god I'm pi@@ed off!!!!!also admin please remove if not applicable rant over

I feel your ire.

2 hours to set-up, polar align, collimation of Celestron C-6, then 3 star alignment, focus........ get the electronics all singing to each other,  and wires not snagging.....

20 x 1 min  Luminosity  ( 'bout 1/2 useable ).......... cloud rolls in.....  great.

I know how you feel about the weather. Its been  pretty bad for  my location for the majority of my last season.
However this season,  I think that things could get better?

Better, mainly due to the distinct darkness that has fallen over my plot, due to the replacement of the sodium street lamps with the newer LED units, also, I still have the ability to be fully setup and running within just a few minutes, but those high power observations  will still be dependent on the temperature of the scope compared to its surroundings.

But no matter how dark it is, or how well my setup is, if those pesky clouds appear, its game over!

Yeah I hear ya.. the amount of times that I was roapable because of those fluffy $#*&%^$# is beyond reasonable..... the one time that comes to mid is the Super Blue Blood moon in January... total cloud cover.. ARGHHHHHH!!!!

To save time you can use a OSC camera or (for extra resolution), use your ASI1600MM for a Luma shot and a OSC camera for nothing but the color data all in one hit, than combine them....

Archived