Jump to content

stargazine_ep35_banner.thumb.jpg.a7c1791d7e682021778de0def357bdbb.jpg

Recommended Posts

Hi still learning the ropes with my new Hypercam 183c pro :)

 

i took this image of the heart nebula the other evening, and now I realise I want a scope with a shorter focal length haha.

 

22x 240s stacked and calibrated in PI. Final touch up in PS 2018

SW ED80 DS pro with Altair light wave 0.8 reducer. Heq5 pro, Altair astro hypercam 183c pro. Guided. 

 

IMG_20180817_232309_102.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By __Spirit__
      IC 1805 Heart Nebula LHaRGB
      TS APO 65 + ZWO ASI1600MM-Cool
      Baader L: 100x120" -20C bin 1x1
      Baader Ha 7nm: 140x120" -20C bin 1x1
      Baader Red: 20x120" -20C bin 1x1
      Baader Green: 20x120" -20C bin 1x1
      Baader Blue: 20x120" -20C bin 1x1
       
       

    • By lux eterna
      Hi all,
      This is 6 hours (30 x 12 min), taken with my modded Nikon D7000 @iso200 and Astronomik 12 nm Ha 2" filter on Meade LX200-ACF with reducer (=1600 mm FL @ F8). Guided with NexGuide on HEQ5 Pro.
      The plan was to do a Ha O3 bicolour on this target, but the O3 may be a future thing due to weather conditions.
      I usually remove the stars during part of my processing workflow and put them back later on, but this time I think the nebulosity and dust came out best without them. I did however try to find out which stars belong to Melotte 15 and include only those, just to portrait the Melotte 15 without anything between it and us, but I could not find that info.
      Processed with DSS, Starnet and PS.
      Ragnar

    • By knobby
      Slowly dabbling with narrow band and the processing that is becoming more like art than science 🙂
      I really am enjoying it though, Imaged this in my red zone back garden last night, it's 10 x  300 secs each of Ha Oiii and Sii ( no darks as they looked weird )
      Thanks for looking / feedback.
      DSS - Photoshop levels / curves - gradient xterminator - photoshop channel combine as per @swag72 tutorial - photoshop levels to balance colours to my taste - slight noise and star size reduction  (Noels tools)

    • By tooth_dr
      I scrapped all the Oiii and Sii data I previously took during a full moon (about 15 hours worth) and retook it all when the moon was a bit smaller at 76%.  Ha was taken during 98% and 67% moon.  All the lights were taken on the following nights: 12th, 19th and 20th September 2019.
      Integration times, all in 600s subs unbinned:
      Ha = 28.33 hours
      Oiii= = 5.67 hours
      Sii = 5.67 hours
       
      The Ha data is really nice, and unsurprisingly the Oiii and Sii is not as strong (or nice).
      I'm missing that (vital) step in my processing routine of getting the Sii and Oiii properly stretched to match the Ha, before combining.  I dont really know how to deal with the weaker data properly.  Any pointers would be appreciated.
      What I do currently:
      All the data is loaded into APP into separate channels/sessions.
      The data is stacked and registered against the best Ha sub
      This produces individual stacks of Ha, Sii and Oiii that are all registered
      Each channel is processed with DPP in APP and then saved as a 16bit TIFF
      Each is opened in PS
      Stars removed with AA and any remnants removed and tidied up
      I then open a blank RGB document in PS
      I paste Ha into Green, Sii into Red and Oiii into Blue
      Adjust the selective colour settings to get 'Hubble palette'
      Adjust levels, curves, saturation until looks ok
      All the Ha Sii Oiii data is then combined together in a single 'super' stack in APP using quality weighted algorithm to create a 'luminance'
      That luminance layer is adjusted using levels, curves, and NC tools such as local contrast enhancement and deep space noise reduction (using masks to apply as required)
      The luminance is pasted onto the above colour layer, and incrementally added using gaussian blur
      Cropped and saved.
       
       
      Here it is anyway   I haven't intended on any more exposure time for this one, but will consider it, if the expert opinion dictates otherwise!
       
      CS
      Adam
       


    • By Star101
      Taken 27 July 19. from my ROR Garden Shed.
      I did take the stars out using Starnet but prefered the stars in
      30 x 300s SII,Ha,OIII - 2.5Hrs
      TS65EQ with Atik EFW2 and ZWO AOG, Lodestar X2 guidcam.
      Mesu 200 mount
      ZWO 183mm pro at -20C 200 Gain.
      Processed in Pixinsight.
      Thanks for looking.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.