SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First and last imaging session of 2023

Sp@ce_d

So this was my only imaging session this year 😄 as I haven't captured any new images since I gave it a rest and mothballed the Obsy in early 2022. However, I've been putting together a portable/travel rig and surprisingly we had clear skies on Friday (29th) so I managed to test it out and get first light with the AM3 / ASIair plus combo and use the Redcat with 2600MC for the first time in a couple of years! Of course being clear the Moon was on full show so I wasn't expecting to get any decent images worth posting but I'm quite impressed with this little setup. I didn't even bother with dew straps and everything was covered in ice by the time I brought it in at 4am!

Mount: ZWO AM3, Scope: Redcat51, Camera:ASI2600MC, ASI290mm mini, EAF & ASIair Plus.

IC1805 The Heart

20 x 300s (no Filter) Before the Moon got too high

14 x 300s with Idas NBZ filter After Moon was up

Processed in Pixinsight

IC1805_Redcat51_ASI2600MC_unsigned.thumb.jpg.8418de08d94fe267b029b94c1e518926.jpg

• Like 13

53 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

I think that is a great result - certainly bodes well for next year - providing the skies clear!

🤞

Let's hope 2024 is kind to all of us.

Thanks.. I'd normally be switching into Galaxy season by now so I'm going to have to rediscover suitable wider field targets for this setup... Here's to 2024 👍

• Like 1