SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

21P/G-Z giff 11th August showing movement

Took 9 shots again of 21P/Giacobini-Zinner with my Canon ES4000d in the early morning approx 12:45am on the 11th, and was surprised to see so much movement of the comet in just 9 x 30 second exposures, so made a giff with PIPP to show this. No other processing done on the images. Scope used C8 SCT.

IMG_0407_pipp.thumb.gif.75844e80d11f914ab5e9db65305cf649.gif

A nice result Gus. well done. I will have to learn how to make a Gif.

Bob.

6 hours ago, bob-c said:

A nice result Gus. well done. I will have to learn how to make a Gif.

Bob.

Thanks Bob.  Not too difficult really. I just put the 9 images into Pipp and selected for gift and let it do th rest. Pretty simple really. :) 

Nice one Gus, I never thought about using PIPP for the .gif.  I used Lightroom and Photoshop CC, but PS was giving me problems with an ' Unknown error', which I have had before on gif's and had to reinstall PS.  I will give PIPP a try and see what happens.

Martin

4 hours ago, Grimbles said:

Nice one Gus, I never thought about using PIPP for the .gif.  I used Lightroom and Photoshop CC, but PS was giving me problems with an ' Unknown error', which I have had before on gif's and had to reinstall PS.  I will give PIPP a try and see what happens.

Martin

It’s really easy to use. Not created too many gifts so far, but the few I have made where easy to do with PIPP.

4 hours ago, peter shah said:

great stuff ...amazing how quickly these objects get across the sky

Yes, I didn’t expect such short exposure times with all 9 images taken in just over 5 mins or so to show up that amount of movement. 

22 hours ago, Knighty2112 said:

Thanks Bob.  Not too difficult really. I just put the 9 images into Pipp and selected for gift and let it do th rest. Pretty simple really. :) 

Hi Gus, I will give it a try. I Have tried in Photoshop and it failed .

21 hours ago, Grimbles said:

Martin

Hi Martin, I also had same  problems with Photoshop. everything went all right till the very end and got the error message.

Bob.

2 hours ago, bob-c said:

Hi Martin, I also had same  problems with Photoshop. everything went all right till the very end and got the error message.

Bob.

Hi Bob, yes it appears it is a known problem, possibly something to do with the original images file size.

It is also worth mentioning that using PIPP I had to 'set the black point to zero' in the processing options to get a decent output, but that is probably because I had already processed the images in Lightroom.

Martin

27 minutes ago, Grimbles said:

Hi Bob, yes it appears it is a known problem, possibly something to do with the original images file size.

It is also worth mentioning that using PIPP I had to 'set the black point to zero' in the processing options to get a decent output, but that is probably because I had already processed the images in Lightroom.

Martin

Cheers Martin thanks for the reply.

Bob.

Archived