Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ε lyrae

alacant

Hi everyone

Through the Mediterranean haze with smoke and ash from local forest fires, anything lower than this would have turned quickly to mush.

Anyway, I've wondered about this for some time so this was a good opportunity. We haven't got the doubles of the double here I don't think, have we? Thought a negative may help but still not certain.  Not sure what we're looking for as most other photos look like ours, only drawings show both pairs... Anyway, we're hooked. If we need to get out the 254mm we shall. so...

Question, what's the technique to get the double-double?

TIA and thanks for looking.

700d on 130 f5; 1 hour

673567745_e-lyrae(copy).thumb.jpg.5b0b384523fe86a63e5c6d432ddb2477.jpg

e-layrae.jpg.652244f8cbac2b16e2d2b8c23ae54900.jpg

Great image. I think that to split these, a refractor works better than a reflector, as the latter suffers more from diffraction halos. If you also want a "pretty picture", that is. But, examine your unstretched integrated image.

Lovely image, great colours.

I ve imaged these at long focal lengths, f15 refractors, at prime focus with film and dslr cameras over the years and short exposures to prevent burn out of the components is the way to do it but unfortunately you wont get such an attractive picture.

Archived