SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mak Collimation complete

I knew from the start, that my Mak (which is new) was a bit out of collimation, I also knew that

alhough they hold collimation very well, they can be a pain to collimate.

With this in mind I scoured the net for articles and videos before attempting it rather than ending up

having a major wobbler when messing it up lol.

The key was to understand the push/pull system by which the spider is moved, and very small turns of the screws while adjusting them in sequence with each other.

I am happy to say that after 30 minutes, and thanks to Arcturus and a high power eyepiece, I have come

as close to perfect as I will get and I am more than happy with that. I took a cell phone shot, I wish it was as sharp and defined as the rings were visually but regardless, it was rewarding.

Both inside and outside focus was the same which is great, after snuggling up the locking screws, I won’t be messing with them anymore unless I drop it.55CA624E-A794-4D7C-9944-2861455AC9B8.thumb.jpeg.5b15c930df69355af92c45e60380acb7.jpeg

Archived