NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 4755 ZWO ASI 1600mm

Benklerk

The Jewel Box, is an open cluster in the constellation Crux (the southern Cross). This cluster is one of the youngest known, with an estimated age of 14 million years. It has a total integrated magnitude of 4.2, its about 6,440 light years from Earth, and contains just over 100 stars.
The cluster has many blue type stars but has 1 red supergiant star, with is about 600x bigger than out sun.

First object using my new mono camera!!!!

GSO RC 6
HEQ5 Pro belt mod
ZWO ASI 1600mm with filter wheel
L 17 x 3m
R 25 x 4m
G 20 x 4m
B 20 x 4m
Pixinsight

NGC 4755.jpg

6 minutes ago, celestron8g8 said:

That is a great capture and beautiful edit but I’d like to see this same version without the star spikes ! Is that possible ?? 

Hi

Not without some serious editing. As my scope has spider vines all bright stars will have spikes. I would need to get a SCT or refractor to remove the spikes without damaging the picture.

9 minutes ago, Benklerk said:

Hi

Not without some serious editing. As my scope has spider vines all bright stars will have spikes. I would need to get a SCT or refractor to remove the spikes without damaging the picture.

Oh ok , no problem then , I didn’t realize it had vanes . Actually just looked up your scope and i see the vanes and realize it’s a RC . Very nice scope ! 

15 hours ago, Benklerk said:

Hi

I love the diffraction spikes very Hubble-esque with their colour.

Regards Andrew

There are only several spikes that really stand out.  While I prefer images without spikes, a few spikes certainly does not ruin an image for me.   And I agree that the spikes in this case make the name even more appropriate--like looking at a diamond ring under a jewelry store light.

Rodd

Archived