Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter from Bembridge 14/06

SnakeyJ

It's been well over a year since my last shot at Jupiter and I've had many other things to contend with, but have finally setup the obs, new mount and electrics - a very rushed session this evening with fast seeing and low angles, lots of new kit to setup and get used to, but I do have one shot of Jupiter in the bag for this year.

2018-06-14-2229_3-JG-L_web.thumb.png.74e280913e857e63d4450e55154458bd.png

5 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

Jupiter is low in the sky from your location so the sort of detail you got last year will be hard.. but your last years image is superb.

It's certainly a tough time to do PI from the UK, though we should get a reasonable chance with Mars heading in to the low 40's this winter :)  Another three years before Jupiter starts to climbs higher than it is now.  For the patient planetary imager 2024 and 2025 are looking like decent years for Jupiter and Mars from the UK, but it's a full 10 years before Saturn climbs above 40 degrees altitude.     Perhaps I can retire to
Acension Island - though I'm not sure you can actually live there without employment!

6 hours ago, Ibbo! said:

Nicely done.

The seeing and the altitude from the UK has made it a battle this year.

Thanks Steve - great place to live though and it is nice to finally get out under clear skies for a couple of hours and get the gear to work.     It's my first attempt with the CGE/nexremote and I've completely rewired the hub power.     A few teething problems and fighting a little drift as I've only done a rough polar alignment - but should get easier/quicker with a few refinements.

Nice to see you back Jake, and with a nice image too. ?

I have stopped looking at my images from last year as it is so frustrating to not be able to capture anywhere near the detail we saw then.

Angie

Archived