NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Inchworm Cluster

Allinthehead

Hi all. I managed a few hours of clear skies last Wednesday night and randomly decided to go for this little cluster. I had issues recently with rotator induced tilt so i dropped that but i think i still have something going on in the bottom right corner. I also decided to drop my light pollution filter, reduce sub length and increase gain to 50 as there's a large drop in read noise and only a marginal decrease in dynamic range. I found this remarkably noise free, but it's also a bright area so testing will continue.

The cluster is what i was after so i centered that and ended up with the framing below. Hope you like it. 

Imaging telescope:  Takahashi Epsilon 130d

Imaging camera: Zwo Asi 071

Mount: SkyWatcher AZ EQ6

Software: Sequence Generator Pro Seqence Generator Pro

Resolution: 4852x3194

Dates: May 9, 2018

Frames: 88x150" (gain: 50.00) -20C

Integration: 3.7 hours

Darks: ~30

Flats: ~50

Bias: ~50

Avg. Moon age: 23.43 days

Avg. Moon phase: 36.49%

Bortle Dark-Sky Scale: 4.00

Astrometry.net job: 2054861

RA center: 305.775 degrees

DEC center: 40.752 degrees

Pixel scale: 2.294 arcsec/pixel

Orientation: 182.642 degrees

Field radius: 1.851 degrees

Locations: Back Garden, Cork, Ireland

Inchwormfinal

Jpg

Inchwormfinal.thumb.jpg.3c812d14075b0b06e75a08745be6147a.jpg

Richard.

12 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Lovely interesting image Richard, the new Tak's working well.

Dave

Thanks Dave glad you like it. Yes the Tak is working well, i'm really looking forward to September and some longer nights to give it a proper run out. How's your triple rig going?

48 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

How's your triple rig going?

Taken it off and put the WO110FLT on ATM to capture some galaxies, never got to try out the triple rig much now waiting for the big nebula targets to return.

Dave

26 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

That's an interesting one. I didn't know the cluster by name but I must have it in my Sadr Region widefield so I'll check it out on there, too.

Yours is beautiful.

Olly

Thanks Olly. It's also known as ngc 6910. I came across it while looking for a cluster to image on Stellarium and was intrigued by the name.

36 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Stunner Richard. Haven’t seen you produce a duff one yet lol

Thanks Adam. Nice of you to say however I've got a fair share of bloopers. How's your sky looking for tonight? I'm hoping for a few hours.

10 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks Adam. Nice of you to say however I've got a fair share of bloopers. How's your sky looking for tonight? I'm hoping for a few hours.

It’s looking good! I’m just back from holiday so pretty tired still but will try to get setup. Plus Eurovision is on tonight 

8921F1A6-1A18-4D42-9C79-C04F5022E7CC.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ikonnikov said:

A lot of image for not a lot of integration time, very nice!

Hi Paul. Thanks glad you like it. Yes the short integration times with the Tak are great. I will increase times next season and i'm still ironing out some small issues, i'm suspecting a little tilt.

Yes, tilt is my main problem with the epsilon and g3 ccd. I'm even planning to try out a guidescope instead of the oag so i can make space for a camera tilting unit in the optical train. Looks pretty mild in your images though.

10 hours ago, Ikonnikov said:

Yes, tilt is my main problem with the epsilon and g3 ccd. I'm even planning to try out a guidescope instead of the oag so i can make space for a camera tilting unit in the optical train. Looks pretty mild in your images though.

Pretty mild but still looks like it could improve. Luckily for me i have a tilt adjuster on the camera. 

Archived