Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 2nd March

daz

Great detail Daz. Rapid progress with the cam :laugh:

Well impressed, up early, quick capture of Jupiter (scope out, let it cool, take out computer and other sundry bits, wrap up warm, align, set on Jupiter, get Jupiter on chip, focus, settings, capture, put everything away), process image...then off to work!!!!!!

Martin

Thank you all for the kind comments!

Martin - When you put it like that, it looks busy!!! The scope was in the car from last night, so was pretty cool. I stuck the fan on while I made a cuppa!

I'm now tired, but pleased with the picture. I'm in the middle of VDubbing it to pull out the good frames and will play a bit more in Registax.

I bought an illuminated reticule from ScopesnSkies 12mm jobbie (actually, the views in this are pretty good!!) and this helps no end. I use this first off and centre, then barlow it and centre again. The object is then pretty bang in the middle of the chip. Worth the money for the hassle it saves!!!

Snap Daz except I got the 10mm. It's actually gives great views on the NS8 - sometimes turn the reticle off just to look at Saturn. It's a massive help also great for initial goto alignment. Very interested to see how your image turns out after manual frame selection.

Martin

Archived