Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi all i am in the process of upgrading my setup going from using my nikon d5300 and tamron 16-300mm lens on a skywatcher star aventurer, the star adventurer is going tomorrow i will be the owner of a skywatcher evostar 80ed pro ...cant wait!! so which leaves me searching for a heq5 mount but im on a really tight budget and dont want to end up with a lemon if i buy 2nd hand as its a lot of money is it worth buying new instead?? i have seen a couple 2nd hand but have issues which is putting me off so dont know what to do!!!!...

10 minutes ago, Wirral man said:

has anyone delt with E.N.S in Birmingham they have a bit of stuff for sale which is normally second-hand are they any good and reliable?

ENS are fine, quite reliable and good to deal with, just be mindful of the price you are paying. They make a margin on buying and selling used kit so often the price is not so far off buying new.

I've bought stuff from, and indeed sold stiff to Steve at ENS... very nice chap. 

Agree with Stu about the prices though. It's worth keeping an eye on the stuff on his site. Some of its been on there for a while so he may be open to an offer. 

My 100Ed came from ENS, very happy with it. Main advantage was that it was scope only, no eyepieces etc, and the price reflected this. There were plenty going on ebay from private sellers for more.

Archived