Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Any one around St.Helens area could have a look at my EQ5. Went out last night aligned with Arctutus and Vega went to 2CVn (Canes Venatici) mount moved as it got to the perpendicular heard grinding and whirring the mount beeped to say in right place. Tried going to Jupiter mount slew over then dipped well below Jupiter tried aligning with Jupiter then going to the moon slewed over and it dipped right below the moon. In both these scenarios when I pressed the up button the mount slewed up to get the targets in FOV so one motor is not working properly not sure which one. Any help most welcome.

I have used the same power supply for months now no problem. First time I have tried looking at objects overhead. Sounded like the gears were slipping not meshed together right. 

I have used the mount several times with no problem but looked at objects mid sky not overhead I am stumped. 

The only time I ever heard mine make a nasty loud grinding noise was when the power was too low. Apart from that my EQ5 Goto threw my 12kg kit around no probs! Maybe try replicating the problem indoors using a dummy setup of last night's targets?

50 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

The only time I ever heard mine make a nasty loud grinding noise was when the power was too low. Apart from that my EQ5 Goto threw my 12kg kit around no probs! Maybe try replicating the problem indoors using a dummy setup of last night's targets?

That's what I was going to do see if anything had caught thanks for the advice. 

Archived