SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Welcome to FLO Takahashi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/04/2018 at 04:47, jetstream said:

@FLO will you have access to other Tak refractors such as the TSA120 and TOA130?

Yes :smile: 

If there is something you want that is not already listed at our website please do ask. 

HTH, 

Steve 

On 25/04/2018 at 20:34, Fozzie said:

Would @FLO be looking to offer tak mounts also?

On 26/04/2018 at 10:14, FLO said:

Not sure at this stage. Do you think we should? 

On 28/04/2018 at 22:08, ollypenrice said:

I think you shouldn't...

Fortunately we already have a premium Japanese mount manufacturer and they have proven very reliable so we are not planning to add another. At least not yet :smile: 

Steve 

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Fortunately we already have a premium Japanese mount manufacturer and they have proven very reliable so we are not planning to add another. At least not yet :smile: 

Steve 

I was just curious... your high end product list has swelled recent with the new offerings from Tak, the 107 Borgs and the like, i just wondered if we'd see some tak mounts too..

Planning incase my GP ever fails.. I like the green...

Ta

Fozzie 

Ps keep spoiling us with all these amazing products!!

12 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

I was just curious... your high end product list has swelled recent with the new offerings from Tak, the 107 Borgs and the like, i just wondered if we'd see some tak mounts too..

Planning incase my GP ever fails.. I like the green...

Ta

Fozzie 

Ps keep spoiling us with all these amazing products!!

We will of course supply Tak' mounts if requested. 

You are right. FLO does need another premium mount brand but I am not sure which one.

Whichever we choose would require a significant investment and likely require quite a lot of support so we want to get it right. 

Steve 

3 minutes ago, FLO said:

You are right. FLO does need another premium mount brand but I am not sure which one.

Whichever we choose would require a significant investment and likely require quite a lot of support so we want to get it right. 

Steve 

Might be worth mentioning that I read that Olly P isn't that impressed with Tak mounts despite being a big advocate of Takahashi in the past. I believe he has used a lot of kit via his business so I tend to take note of what he says. 

Might be worth a PM with him?

15 minutes ago, FLO said:

Steve 

Mesu? 10micron? Avalon?

1 minute ago, Lockie said:

Might be worth mentioning that I read that Olly P isn't that impressed with Tak mounts despite being a big advocate of Takahashi in the past. I believe he has used a lot of kit via his business so I tend to take note of what he says. 

Thanks for the heads-up. I had noticed and have already spoken with Olly :smile: 

Steve 

35 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Mesu? 10micron? Avalon?

It is unlikely to be Mesu. Though Olly and Steppenwolf have essentially provided marketing and support for Mesu (out of enthusiasm) here at SGL for some time so it would be a good fit. 

10Micron. Very expensive so very high expectations but I am not sure there are many here in the UK who can justify such an expensive mount. I might be wrong. 

Avalon is interesting. 

28 minutes ago, Lockie said:

I thought all Takahashi's were for the conoisseur :)   

Not necessarily. They make very good telescopes which just work. The pair of FSQs which I use here are both old, have home-made microfocusers and an assortment of very non-connoisseur like brackets and gadgets piled onto and around them. They're thoroughly working class, I promise you!

:Dlly

1 hour ago, FLO said:

We have added the Takahashi F/6.2 Flattener For FS-60CB

It is optically-matched to the Takahashi FS-60CB and provides a 38 mm diameter, 90% illuminated image circle. 

takahashi_flattener_for_fs-60cb_tka20582

Increases the speed of the optical system from f5.9 to f/6.2

Should this be decreases the speed? as it makes the optics slower.

Sorry to be pedantic :o

25 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Sorry to be pedantic :o

You are right, of course. Sorry ?

Typo fixed. 

Please don’t apologise, we like it when people report typos. I remember a while back we ran a competition asking people to contact us with typos they had found. It was surprisingly popular ?

Steve 

1 minute ago, FLO said:

You are right, of course. Sorry ?

Typo fixed. 

Please don’t apologise, we like it when people report typos. I remember a while back we ran a competition asking people to contact us with typos they had found. It was surprisingly popular ?

Steve 

lol I remember that competition, err and I may have got involved :icon_biggrin:

Whilst I'm on Takahashi, does anyone know why the FOA 60 would be twice the price of the 60CB? The lens of the FOA would be easier to figure at f/8.8, and the extra bit of metal tube would be pretty cheap I should have thought. It's got me stumped as someone who loves the spec of the FOA but the price of the CB.

Any thoughts? 

Archived