Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2.2 Day old waxing crescent, 19/03/18

johnfosteruk

It's raining so I'm sorting out some data on my hard drives this evening and I found a wide shot I forgot to post. 

Shot at 200mm, the earthshine was super so I've processed to emphasise, also there's v Psc and a few other stars too.

Captured at 19:30UT on March 19th.

Clear skies.

5ac7f4faee27a_BestofWinter17-183.thumb.png.7a373f3491a610246616e0b8ba71119c.png

With that much earth shine it almost looks like a solar eclipse, im guessing your exposure was around 1/10th sec? assuming you used an SLR, otherwise i couldn't guess your approach with them funny CCD's lol.

Love the shot!! beautiful tones of blue!

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Beautiful capture John. I don't think the "star" in the top right corner is Uranus, but if this is crop you might have captured that too. I would not be far away to the right.

Thanks Pete, it's not Uranus, it's o Psc and unfortunately it's not a crop either. 

But I've had a look at some other images that night and this wider one from 10 mins earlier has Uranus I think. I had to stretch the living daylights out of it obviously but here you go, a trio of planets! (I think)

5ac8931e3991b_trioofplanets.thumb.png.c30cb75e8bf23777bf9a9aa87d39edf1.png

5 hours ago, Sunshine said:

With that much earth shine it almost looks like a solar eclipse, Ha, hadn't thought of it like that, thank you

im guessing your exposure was around 1/10th sec? F8 for IQ, ISO 100 for low noise, giving me... wait for it.... 5 secs! So I honestly didn't think the shot would work tbh as I was expecting motion blur but it's barely noticable in the full image

assuming you used an SLR, otherwise i couldn't guess your approach with them funny CCD's lol. Don't own a CCD

Love the shot!! beautiful tones of blue! It's a lovely time of the day, I love to watch the tones changing as the sun sets, it's fascinating.

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:45, johnfosteruk said:

Thanks Pete, it's not Uranus, it's o Psc and unfortunately it's not a crop either. 

But I've had a look at some other images that night and this wider one from 10 mins earlier has Uranus I think. I had to stretch the living daylights out of it obviously but here you go, a trio of planets! (I think)

5ac8931e3991b_trioofplanets.thumb.png.c30cb75e8bf23777bf9a9aa87d39edf1.png

Looks in about the right place John, I think you are right there are 3 planets in the field of view.

Archived