Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Takahashi FS-60Q Review

I bought the Takahashi FS-60 back in 2014 for a trip to Namibia and I was highly impressed with its visual optical performance, such that I often find myself using it, both home and away.  While truly an excellent performer, it is not perfect, with a few weaknesses including Mars.  However, Tak offer the 1.7x CQ module, either as an aftermarket upgrade, or as a complete system for purchase, which coverts the f/5.9 doublet to an f/10 quadruplet.  With the possibility of having an ultra-portable scope which really can do it all, I purchased the CQ module and have been using it for over 2 years (including proposing with it pointed at Saturn in Namibia).  I have now collated all my thoughts into a review which you can find on the link below:

http://alpha-lyrae.co.uk/2018/03/31/takahashi-fs-60q-review/

Here is the scope in Namibia.

Takahashi-FS60Q.jpg.be8aab1c4553d4a39d634a0d1b6e5bd5.jpg

Feedback always appreciated.

56 minutes ago, Craney said:

"I promised you a ring".......  too tempting an opportunity to miss. Surely you did say this ?

I will probably be paraphrasing myself, but it was something along the lines of "I just showed you the most beautiful ring in the universe, perhaps now I can show you the second?"

44 minutes ago, Victor Boesen said:

Commenting before reading, but I know already it'll be an interesting read. I really like your posts but it makes my wallet go jumping around for some reason...:icon_scratch:

Haha! I have certainly gotten carried away with some of my purchases over the years and reading about great things certainly makes me think about pulling out my wallet! 

Archived