Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

About heq5 pro mount .

Hi guys . I am new to this place. I am buying my first astrophotography setup . I will buy heq5 pro mount and put a gso 8" astrograph on it . Would it be proper to put an 8" gso astrograph on and heq5 pro ? Plz help . 

I know a few people that use 8" newtonian for imaging on HEQ5, but this is balancing at the edge I think. I both imaged with 6 and 8" newtonians on HEQ5 and EQ6 and I really recommend EQ6 for 8" newtonian for astrophotography.

Yes, agree with the above.    

Although you can convince yourself otherwise, an 8" is about as big as you would want to go with a HEq5.     Remember your will have a camera (DSLR???) , guide scope and guide camera etc... ... maybe an upgraded focuser to add on in terms of weight....   ( I have a SW200PDS and can get 2 mins subs from it)

Concentrate on the balance and stability of the mount before launching into that 100+ frame sequence of the Spaghetti Nebula....:icon_biggrin:

Another in agreement here. I imaged with a C9.25 (slightly heavier admittedly) on an HEQ5 for a year or so. It often worked ok but there were odd periods of frustration with dropped sub after dropped sub. It was all so much less stressful when I upgraded to an NEQ6.

im a big beliver in wont not carnt, i load up my HEQ5 2kg over the weight limit and it runs without any problems, f11 frac and ed80 + quark and solar wedge and cams i use the same rig for deepsky and get 2min subs unguided if its not windy. the main thing is balance it has to be spot on. i think it should carry your scope fine. charl.

Archived