Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Field around the Horsehead Nebula bordering up to the edge of M42. I wanted to try to bring out some dust below the Ha region but ran out of time to deal better with the crazier stars. First time I've processed the Horsehead without any Ha data added (will have a go now I've done the LRGB only version for this competition).

L 42x5min, R 16x5min, G 16x5min, B 25x5min, taken in December 2017 and January/February 2018 with a Takahashi E-130D on Avalon Linear mount with Moravian G3-16200 mono CCD. Processed in Pixinisght.

Hope you enjoy!

Paul

HH_LRGB_Ikonnikov.jpg

• Like 6

Jaw dropping. Not a FOV/framing often seen and it’s one that suits perfectly. 

• Like 1

Thanks littleguy80, tooth_dr and Richard.

Regarding framing I aimed to capture the hydrogen alpha emission ic434 and some of the dust beneath it and by luck  found that centring on sigma Orion gave a good balance of the two. Handy reference point when plate solving wasnt working too.

Edited by Ikonnikov
  • Like 1

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MarsG76
      I managed to get some time to process another of my images exposed in January/February 2020.
      This was the last image when my USB port on my Astro40D failed. This happened while imaging this scene but it happened toward the end of the imaging plan so I got almost the subs that I wanted. The total exposure time was 16 hours and 16 minutes in ISO1600 for all of the subs, RGB, (OSC through the UV/IR Cut filter), HAlpha and OIII.
      Imaged through my 8" SCT at f6.3, 1280mm FL.
    • By MarsG76
      Hello Astronomers,
      I managed to get some time to process another of my images exposed in January/February.
      This was the last image when my USB port on my Astro40D failed. This happened while imaging this scene but it happened toward the end of the imaging plan so I got almost the subs that I wanted. The total exposure time was 16 hours and 16 minutes in ISO1600 for all of the subs, RGB, (OSC through the UV/IR Cut filter), HAlpha and OIII.
      Imaged through my 8" SCT at f6.3, 1280mm FL on the CGEM mount.
      Clear Skies,
      MG

• By lalou
      Hi! I've recently acquired a new Astromodified Canon rebel XT and I've tried to take pictures of nebulas using it but I've noticed that there are these weird black artifacts that keep appearing in my images. Would like to know if anyone has experienced this before? Or are these dirt/dust specs on the camera, filter, and telescope glass? I've attached some of my edited and raw pictures for your reference. The black artifacts can already be seen in the raw image of the horsehead nebula and after stacking I think it got amplified. Anyway, advance thanks and I hope everyone's doing well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.