Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 with the 5SE @f/6.3 and ASI120MC.

Chris

After speaking about trying EAA for the last two years or so, I think I've finally dipped my toe. I recently picked up a ASI120mc, so after observing M42 for a while I swapped out the eyepiece for the camera and fired up Sharpcap. 

I can't say I fully knew or know what I'm doing, but a bit of playing around clicking buttons and I managed to live stack a bunch of 3.5 sec exposures. Focus was a bit of struggle so I'll probably order a focus mask at some point. 

All in all quite happy with these. To be honest I was getting cracking views with my 10mm Luminos eyepiece showing plenty of extended nebulae, seeing was very good, but popping the camera in gave some extra nice detail and colour in the core. 

Really fun night, but cold!  

Stack_19frames_67s.png

Stack_36frames_111s.png

38 minutes ago, RobertI said:

Nice one Chris, got the trapezium clearly there and some nice colour and detail.Looking forward to seeing some more! ?

Thanks Rob! I did enjoy it, so hopefully there will be more to come. I just need to think of bright small targets in reach of the camera :) Very much enjoying the 5SE, it rocks for such a small setup. 

Archived