Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Coverting RAW to TIFF files

8 hours ago, Rattler said:

OK nice one. What about for Autostakkert?

I've not had my rig out yet as the power pack is very nearly complete. Hopefully be out with it on Thursday so gathering as much info as I can before hand.

Not for deep sky for planets etc.

19 hours ago, Rattler said:

OK nice one. What about for Autostakkert?

I've not had my rig out yet as the power pack is very nearly complete. Hopefully be out with it on Thursday so gathering as much info as I can before hand.

I don't think Autostakkert supports raw files. If your camera can take videos it would be better to shoot a video and stack that instead of stacking tiff files in Autostakkert.

• 1 year later...

Interesting, I had the same question and found this topic in a search. I've just downloaded the most recent version of AutoStakkert (and Registax) onto my PC which has just had a new install of Windows 10. Neither still accept RAW.

For a non-tecky like me, can anyone expand on the previous post and explain how I can find the correct codec and how I download this (without risk to my PC!).

Many thanks

2 hours ago, Astrokev said:

Interesting, I had the same question and found this topic in a search. I've just downloaded the most recent version of AutoStakkert (and Registax) onto my PC which has just had a new install of Windows 10. Neither still accept RAW.

For a non-tecky like me, can anyone expand on the previous post and explain how I can find the correct codec and how I download this (without risk to my PC!).

Many thanks

It's not a problem with the programs, Windows needs the instructions' on how to read thw RAW files which are called a 'codec'.

The good news is Microsoft have a free code you can install that covers the common formats:

Microsoft Camera Codec Pack (6.3.9721.0)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=26829

6 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

It's not a problem with the programs, Windows needs the instructions' on how to read thw RAW files which are called a 'codec'.

The good news is Microsoft have a free code you can install that covers the common formats:

Microsoft Camera Codec Pack (6.3.9721.0)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=26829

Great thanks, I’ll look it up

Archived