NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Benefits of a Home Observatory.

MarsG76

Greetings,

This is the 4th clear night in a row... what's going on?? This is not normal, usually we have crystal clear days and the night is overcast here...

The benefits of having the Astro gear setup permanently, it gets polar aligned and calibrated once and at the end of each night just hibernate the system, resuming becomes a minute or two process.

4th night and I started imaging my 4th object in as many days... with a modded uncooled DSLR... two objects per night... quick and easy reset to image and  guide the second object once the first moved behind the house roof... the following nights when I wanted to continue capturing subs of the same object, no problem, just recall the saved user object and it's positioned perfectly. 

Sorry, I'm just stoked so had to tell someone.

1 hour ago, MarsG76 said:

Greetings,

This is the 4th clear night in a row... what's going on?? This is not normal, usually we have crystal clear days and the night is overcast here...

The benefits of having the Astro gear setup permanently, it gets polar aligned and calibrated once and at the end of each night just hibernate the system, resuming becomes a minute or two process.

4th night and I started imaging my 4th object in as many days... with a modded uncooled DSLR... two objects per night... quick and easy reset to image and  guide the second object once the first moved behind the house roof... the following nights when I wanted to continue capturing subs of the same object, no problem, just recall the saved user object and it's positioned perfectly. 

Sorry, I'm just stoked so had to tell someone.

Yep got to agree, an obsy is a wonderful bonus.  I love mine and how easy it makes things.

Glad you're getting some imaging done :thumbright:

17 hours ago, Astro Imp said:

Lucky you, enjoy.

Enjoy I did, but as all good things have to come to an end... it has, over cast tonight... but that's ok, let it be cloudy until the lunar eclipse and in the mean time, I have subs to process... about 450 of them. 

16 hours ago, RayD said:

Yep got to agree, an obsy is a wonderful bonus.  I love mine and how easy it makes things.

Glad you're getting some imaging done :thumbright:

True... when always ready to go than in the times when the weather looks rubbish and that suddenly clears up, it's faster to start imaging, like within minutes... when having to setup, the "I'll give it a miss" or "clouds will prolly return" attitude happens too often.

15 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

An obsy is a terrific asset especially with the weather in the UK. 4 nights in a row :icon_biggrin: you wouldn't believe how miserable the Uk has been this weekend. 

Yeah, we have moments like that here too... don't worry, you're not alone or particularly disadvantaged.

Archived