SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Southern Galaxies

johnh

SPX350 F4.53, ST10XME, Astrodon filters.

Some bright interesting galaxies in Sagittarius, Fornax down to Canis Major.

NGC1097 has 2 jet emanating from the bottom and bottom right of the galaxy.

Barnard's Galaxy 6822 is 1.6 mil lyrs away full of HII regions.

NGC2207/IC2163 are 2 interacting galaxies 110 mil lyrs away with 2207 stripping of material from ic2163.  There have been 4 supernova since 1975.

Regards, John.

1097.jpg

6822.jpg

2207 ic2163.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

My big white monster on the EQ6 rests very nicely and guides well.  Here in Brisbane dew is a problem so I have a big DIY blue dew shield.  I must be near the maximum payload.

Regards, John.

SPX350 on EQ6.JPG

Wow that's impressive, I've never seen an EQ6 look so small!

Do you have any issues with tube-flex imaging with such a big newt? Must admit, I've always fancied putting something like that on my EQ8, but a worry that it would be a world of pain.

Hello Chris, there is no problem with tube flexure, I use an OAG for imaging making things way easier.  Provided the telescope is well balanced you can approach payload limit.   When I used a guidescope I was over the payload limit again with no problems.  EQ8 is generous with twice the payload limit - a much sturdier mount altogether.

Regards, John.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived