NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rosette, the annual datafest!

ollypenrice

We just seem to add data each year, so now we're up to 25 hours (OIII, Ha, LRGB). It would be hard to go wrong with this load of data but I've done my best to do so, of course... :D Here I've been able to add 11x30 minutes of OIII and 7x30 mins of 3nm Ha. Tom dealt with this latest capture, bless 'im! That roughly doubles the Ha and there was no previous OIII. In this processing I added the OIII to blue and green, about 70% in favour of blue. The extra Ha has just found fainter outlying gasses and stopped the nebula from 'popping out of nowhere.'

One year we may even declare it finished!

HaOIII%20LRGB%2025Hrs%20WEB-X3.jpg

Olly and Tom.

2 hours ago, DaveS said:

I must be weird, as I see a disembodied eyeball  with a trail of "gunk". Probably watch too many horror movies, or else King Lear ("did" it for "O" level).

I once played the Duke of Cornwall on stage and, nightly, blinded my colleague, the Duke of Gloucester. We used a cow's eye charged with stage blood. Now that you mention it I can see an eyeball and optic nerve. Yuk!

Olly

1 hour ago, andrew s said:

Hi Olly have you looked to see if any area of nebulosity has changed over the years?

Regards Andrew 

I haven't. I think this would require very careful calibration and this 'growing image' has been constructed from an assortment of sources in an unsystematic way, I'm afraid.

Olly

Another wonderful image. What was the name of the witches in Greek Mythology that shared an eye and told Perseus where to find Medusa? They are not up there somewhere near in the night sky by any chance?

Archived