Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Neptune and Uranus (i think!) with DSLR / 80mm

tooth_dr

Not actually sure if I got these planets or not to be honest, the moon and a freezing fog/mist seems to wash out colours, and the FL was on the short side.  Both were taken last night with a DSLR on an ED80 at 520mm, single 30s exposure.  Hopefully it's them because I observed them visually on one scope and imaged through the second scope simultaneously, and I've never seen either before so this would be a first for me.

Thanks for looking

Adam.

Nepture_Triton.jpg

Uranus_Moons.jpg

13 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Interesting widefield views.

Was a very interesting night! Had a few family/friends round and as usual they were keen to get straight out to the telescope. I was running two scopes pointing to same target and viewing through one and the DSLR on the other. A 30s exposure kinda looked like what we saw in the eyepiece, plus it served as a good record of all that we saw! I have to say that the ED80 was a joy to look through with my Meade 26mm and 9.7mm EPs. Stars were pinpoint and far more colour showing in Albireo compared with the image.  I never observe, this was a great experience for me and I was still able to combine it with my love of imaging! Hence why I imaged these planets in the way I did!

Congratulations on Neptune and Uranus! I'll never forget the first time I saw Uranus. It was through my 180mm Mak and the perfect little blue-green disc jumped out of the eyepiece; it was an emotional experience. Neptune didn't grab me as much because it was dimmer, smaller, and with my scopes less colorful and striking, but it is quite a bit farther out than Uranus. My eyes perked up the first time I discovered that troublesome little speck near Neptune was actually Triton!

Great photos, Adam!

Reggie :icescream:

Archived