NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rosette Nebula

Rodd

Another Moon forced Ha image.  TOA 130 with .7x reducer (F5.38) and STT 8300 and 3nm Astrodon Filters.  I had collected 13 30 min subs but the details in the image seemed soft due to FWHM values being elevated in several subs.  The image was very clean though requiring no noise control.  I removed the subs with high FWHM values, which left me with 7 subs.  Not that many.  The star sizes shrank noticeably, and the fine details became sharper.  Noise increased too, of course, requiring the use of a very small amount of noise control.  

Ha7-2a.thumb.jpg.bcd7832701bcba86b7d27035cd34691e.jpg

5 hours ago, cfpendock said:

Nice and smooth, Rodd.  Those Astrodon 3nm filters are good.  I wish.....

Chris

Thanks Chris.  Yeah--they are nice.  A bit deceiving at first...lower signal but higher contrast.

Rodd

4 hours ago, MartinFransson said:

That is a superb image! I see detail in your image that I haven´t even noticed before!

Thanks Martin.  The structures in the Rosette always fascinate me...like a giant whirlpool.

Rodd

3 hours ago, Filroden said:

You've done another great job with the processing. The contrast you've achieved is stunning.

Thanks Ken.  I was pleasantly surprised with only 7 subs

Rodd

Archived