Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik 460ex and FW2 not listing in SGpro

sonof007

Hi, I have recently installed update from Atik for the Core Products including the drivers. Since then have been unable to connect Camera or FW2 in SGPro. Very annoying as all was fine until then.

Just wondering if anybody else had same issue and how resolved.

Atik camera is not showing in Ascom Profiler?  but have installed latest ATik drivers.

Both Camera and FW2 work in Artemis capture software.

I have contacted Atik who are trying to assist.

Running Windows 7.

Any suggestions be appreciated. very frustrating with Christmas break coming up.

no. thought of that already. I loaded SGPro / Atik Core and Ascom 6.30 on another Laptop to try see if connects/listed but exact same thing which says it is not the laptop at fault. I think it is to do with the drivers but may be something else but if it is I cannot suss it out.

here is the response from Atik

Troubleshooting

1)      Camera not connecting after installing new version:

The most likely reason for this is that windows is holding onto the old drivers. To check that you have the correct driver, open up device manager and then find your camera in the list (It is usually in ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers’, but might be in ‘Universal Serial Bus devices’ or ‘libusb (WinUSB) devices’). Then, ‘right click’ your camera and select ‘properties’. You should see ‘libusb’ listed as the manufacturer. If not, then you have the wrong driver. To correct this, go back to device manager, and ‘left click’ your camera. A button will appear in the top bar with a red ‘x’ on it. If you hover over it, it will say ‘uninstall’. Click that button, then tick the ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ checkbox. Then press OK. This will delete the old driver. Then, if you unplug and reconnect the camera, the camera will find the correct driver.

With EFW2

ASCOM Filter Wheel Users: The EFW2 Filter wheel driver has been renamed. To use your EFW1 or EFW2 filterwheel via ASCOM, you will need to change the driver to ‘Atik EFW Driver’ in the ASCOM menu.

Hi, Thanks, I have did delete the old driver earlier and reinstalled . The correct latest driver is showing in the device manager.

I am sure it is something to do with this but cannot get to the bottom of this.

I have looked in the Ascom 6.3 Profiler and the camera is not listed. The FW2 is listed but can only high light it. How do I select it in Ascom?

Thanks for help.

yes the ASCOM drivers did not load automatically. I had to go back into the updater and click on the ASCOM driver again for it to recognise and download them. However i have not yet tested they work. I also have Atik 460 and EFW2. If i run into problems or a solution for you i will let you know.

RayD you are a hero. I did not realize but that you have to use the scroll down bar on the Atik Install to see the Atik Ascom drivers install. Simple but why do they not make this box large so you do not need to scroll down. I will plug camera in tomorrow night but both showwing in SGpro listing now. Thanks for help guys much appreciated.

18 minutes ago, sonof007 said:

RayD you are a hero. I did not realize but that you have to use the scroll down bar on the Atik Install to see the Atik Ascom drivers install. Simple but why do they not make this box large so you do not need to scroll down. I will plug camera in tomorrow night but both showwing in SGpro listing now. Thanks for help guys much appreciated.

I have also fell for that one.......:color:

Archived