Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASI174 MM Mini - did anybody succeed to connect in PHD2?

Pat Warborg

Hi,

I just got my new ASI174 MM Mini. I installed all the drivers from the CD and it worked right off in Sharpcap and Amcap. But then, when I tried to use it with PHD2, I was not able to connect to it. There are 3 options in PHD2's camera menu: ASI (ASCOM) 1 and 2 and, at the end of the list, ZWO ASI camera. None of them works. PHD2 just cannot find the camera.

Anybody who can help?

Thanks and cs,

Pat

After a day and a night of research, I figured out that I can connect PHD2 to my ASI174 when I use the WDM option in PHD2. This was mentioned in an old thread somewhere referring to older versions of PHD2. So it just didn't occur to me that the same issue might be back with version 2.6.3. Apparently it is. Still I'm very confused why all the options referring to ZWO ASI cameras in PHD2 don't work. I hope that still somebody can shed some light on this.
Thanks and clear skies!

Archived