NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Aurora alert

Tommohawk

Just now, tooth_dr said:

Looks like something there alright @Beulah I convinced myself I could just make out a slight glow on the horizon visually.

Cheers - It is just about perceptible and you can see the pinkish hues unlike the LED/sodium LP domes from towns.

The sky has cleared here on the Fylde but it doesn't seem very transparent. No sightings for me but my horizon is nowhere near low enough to see the limited displays shown in the images above.

Looks more promising for N Scotland and beyond.

aurora-forecast-northern-hemisphere.jpg

Well done all!

I've heard that on a good show Aurora can be seen from Exmoor - bit of a hike so i just nipped up the top of the Quantocks to black hill (358m) to see what I could see.

Generally the sky here is pretty good but looking North you get the fleshpots of Barry Island, plus Cardiff and Newport, and Weston Supermare to the East.

So - here's the pic, not sure theres much there other than streetlights though! Some faint banding maybe? Screen artifact probably.

5a023c89d1a7c_AuroraLOL004mod.thumb.jpg.b56942d7c1f0ac6e9e7bb97af56756b8.jpg

Archived