Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New AR and a Red Hot Chilli Pepper

DRT

There is a new AR coming around the limb at about 3 o'clock as you look at the disk and a huge spike shaped like a chilli bursting out the same region. It seems to be changing shape quickly and looks very dense so presumably has just gone pop!

very nice viewing :cool2:

I've just looked again and the spike has gone!

There is now a cluster of three small bumps at the base, which look to be about one tenth of the length of the spike when I viewed it ten minutes ago. Lucky spot!

6 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

Been following it as best I can with the cloud gaps. The surge was at its best around 2-215pm as reported on the other thread.  Excellent detailed prominence vying for attention.    :icon_biggrin: 

Which other thread, Peter?

i looked but couldn't see one. 

@DRT, It was tacked on to extremechaos's Saturday thread. The new AR was on the go again at 5.30pm. Excellent transparency and seeing until the next cloud bank arrives, clouds seem to push a wave of turbulent air ahead of them completely spoiling the view.   :hmh:

Archived