Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New portable Solar set up

Pig

Hiya I just bought this little beauty off an SGL member, the whole set up fits into the carry bag that came with it. The diagonal is under the Quark in its own foam liner and the power pack and lead fits nicely into the net inside the top cover. The Manfrotto tripod and mount arrives tomorrow ? I can't wait to see it next to the Dob mobs giant scopes.

IMG_0207.JPG

1 hour ago, Craney said:

The colour of it would have sold it to me....   I was sorely tempted...... but I must show restraint....!!!   

Are you going stateside to watch the eclipse ??

Thank you Craney, it sure is a lovely colour, it is more like jewellery than a scope. ? Very bling like and nicely built. I would love a trip across the pond but I will be in Elan with the Dob Mob that weekend.

56 minutes ago, Alan White said:

A fine looking scope indeed, was tempted myself, but you went for it while I as usual dithered.

Thank you Alan, I had to do a little research beforehand but once I saw Lockies question about which model it was I just thought what the heck ?

7 minutes ago, DRT said:

Very nice, Shaun.

I think I have found you the ideal observing outfit to go with your new kit...

598896194f0c6_ScreenShot2017-08-07at17_30_51.png.5c0bffbc37f232d0a244e88ae9a07b7a.png

Swit swoo ? I am a little concerned you see me that way Derek ?(and at the same time flattered)

2 hours ago, Pig said:

Hiya I just bought this little beauty of an SGL member

I didn't know you could buy the members, let alone the beautiful ones!

How much are they? ;) 

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

I didn't know you could buy the members, let alone the beautiful ones!

How much are they? ;) 

Most off them are quite cheap Stu.... but there are a few stars out there ?

Here is a picture of the Scope with the Quark, all I need now is some sunshine ?

All in weighs about 4Lb's.... The tripod is excellent ? Ultra portable full disc.

IMG_0210.JPG

Very nice. I get almost full disk on my TV Pronto and full in the TV60. Those views are what put the Lunt 50 into perspective. I love the Lunt as a very compact and very capable scope, but compared with a 60mm or 70mm short scope and a Quark it isn't at the races ?

Thank you Derek, I am looking forward to giving it a go with the Quark, but I fear this won't be for a few days yet. 

I was impressed with how crisp the views were of some wildlife earlier today ? I could even see some flies trapped in a web on a TV ariel quite some distance away. I am very impressed with these Manfrotto tripods too, no vibrations whatsoever.

58 minutes ago, Pig said:

I could even see some flies trapped in a web on a TV ariel

I didn't know Tele Vue made ariels, that must have been expensive but it's good to know it was worth it :wink: 

5 minutes ago, pragmatist said:

Very nice. You know where I am if you want to sell it on ?

Thank you ?I think this will be a keeper, it works very nice on the both the spotting scope and dark side fronts too. Nice versatility for such a simple set up ?

Archived