Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar Mosaic AR 2665 12th July 2017

SlimPaling

This is my 3rd attempt of producing a mosaic image of the Sun .... I am new to this and trying to improve my technique. I am not 100% happy with my results but at least I am getting better at blending the mosaic panels so that he joins are not too noticeable !

I used my APM refractor with Herchel wedge + 3.9 worth of ND filters + a polarising filter ... and the images taken with my DMK mono CCD camera. I made 18 sets of video files each one processed in Registax 6 and the end results assembled on Photoshop CC

I am a bit concerned that my image of AR 2665 looks quite different to the "official image" on the SOHO web site.

I am also concerned that my images seem to lack clarity and definition of the sunspot details compared to all others that I have seen posted. My APM refractor is a pretty decent piece of kit .... so do I need to get a better quality camera??? Or do I need to move to a place where the sky is cleaner?

Any helpful advice on how to improve my efforts would be muchly appreciated :-)

Mike

SunMosaic26July2017colourised.jpg

Looks really good - on looking very closely, I can see a little error on the limb at about 8 ocllock. I would use the patch tool in Photoshop to fix that if you have that. You can replace the selected area with an adjacent area so shading and texture can be maintained.

Archived