Who is fed up with the weather

beamer3.6m

Who is fed up with the weather.  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is fed up with the weather.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For stripes you need a mower that has a roller. My father in law gets nice stripes with an old fashioned push mower. Damn near kills him pushing it mind.

Thanks for the tip.

I'll go and check e-bay for any old mowers with a roller.

Looking at the five day forecasts has just become so depressing :clouds2:

Apologies to the UK astro Community it's all my fault - I have just worked out that I have had 1 full and 2 partial nights imaging use since building the observatory... and only another 2 partial widefield sessions from dark sky sites...

Billy...

Stripy lawns!! There's a thing.

As has been said, it's purely the roller behind the mower which does the stripes, bear in mind though not to cut too much off for the first few times, its important that the new lawn can feed itself to get through the winter, and its leaves are how it does that.

Also important is to alter the way the stripes run with each cut.

FYI, we (in Coventry) have had more rain so far this month than we had the whole of last september.........

Beamer, for a truly 100% poll you need a question with a definite answer, yes or no, that cannot be one or the other.

For instance;

Are you asleep?

YES

NO

If anybody answers yes, their vote can be dismissed as erroneous, and you have your 100%.

hey Eaven isn't that a bit small for two of each kind of animal what have you done with all that spare timber God sent you you've flogged it haven't you to buy a rubber telescope come on admit it and that's not really an ark either ,its the top of your new observatory ummmm going to be keeping my eye on you lol Pete

You guys are really getting Rubbish weather.North of Scotland seems to be missing all the bad weather of the last few months,granted it hasn't been warm,in fact its one of the coldest summers there's been but there has been a lot of clear nights,was out from 11 to 3 last night with just the odd cloud blowing past.(I'm not gloating ,honest)

As for your poll Beamer,i suspect 9 people are maybe extracting the urine.

I'm sure you'd get the same sort of responce if you asked surfers if they liked calm seas. :clouds2:

I'm going to buy a microscope and take up the study of molds, mildew and fungi.

Funny you should say that - I bought one just this week and am reviving my old microscopy hobby (in addition to astronomy of course - I'm not giving up.... :clouds2: )

Just had enough with all this rain. The severn has now flooded here at worcester, and its only september.They're bulding a new flood defence across the river so wheres the floods going to go?

Just further down the river.

Archived