Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon grassendi sketch - Take 2

N3ptune

So this is my take 2 of the crater Grassendi and some friends I did last night, at the eyepiece, using 212x of power. It's the second time I draw it. The crater was out of the terminator region so there was no strong contrast at all.

I give you my Grassendi sketch, revision 002. I hope you like it.

RVF4G7R.png?1

This is the first revision I did a few months ago. (it's hard to improve)

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/277576-waxing-gibbous-moon-grassendi-sketch/#comment-3039284

Both are excellent sketches and very well executed. You have a relaxed style of drawing which I find appealing. :icon_biggrin:

I notice you numbered the sketch 002! I'm looking forward to comparing the future 98 sketches with the two you've already done. :headbang: A second Harold Hill in the making!!

Thank you all for your comments (;

@Richard Hather I prefer the latest sketch, I to notice too a bit of new faint details.  I bet with a telescope like yours exactly, it would be much easier for me to improve, after 30 minutes and more, i have pain in my legs and back while standing.  I am seriously thinking of building a dobsonian base for my tube, with an home made equatorial platform for tracking. Just for being seated while drawing... that would help me so much.

@Moonshane You should try it again until you get satisfaction it's making me happy for sure. (;

@mikeDnight thanks again! I want to improve so it should get better, in a few years :p

Comfort whist observing is a big thing I have a few chairs I plan on using with my 12" dob and when funds allow I will purchase an observing chair after a few more purchases of course ?

I have to be honest I have struggled with sketching the moon but I will persevere and hopefully I can produce something worthy of posting on SGL.

I would be over the moon ? if I sketched something half as good as yours ?

8 hours ago, Richard Hather said:

Comfort whist observing is a big thing I have a few chairs I plan on using with my 12" dob and when funds allow I will purchase an observing chair after a few more purchases of course ?

I have to be honest I have struggled with sketching the moon but I will persevere and hopefully I can produce something worthy of posting on SGL.

I would be over the moon ? if I sketched something half as good as yours ?

Me too Richard! But I'm persevering ?

@Richard Hather I guess your really comfortable watching inside the Televue and 12 inches (:  really lucky, the moon must look absolutely stunning with 12" aperture. Thanks for the compliment again, it's funny I think anybody can do it with a bit of practice (I don't even like my sketch very much..)

Must be a hard day..

Archived