Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M 83 ZWo ASI 071

Benklerk

First attempted of imaging a galaxy with my new camera, a ZWO ASI 071 cooled to -15C

GSO 6" RC , HEQ5 Pro guided.

4min subs total of 28 subs. Processed in Pixinsight

M 83 2.jpg

7 hours ago, simmo39 said:

V nice. Got that camera on my wish list. How are you finding it? 

I'm finding the camera good, not much difference than a DSLR. But did have a few teething issues at the start. Also the camera is very sensitive to the amount of humidity in the air.

20 hours ago, Benklerk said:

I'm finding the camera good, not much difference than a DSLR. But did have a few teething issues at the start. Also the camera is very sensitive to the amount of humidity in the air.

When you say not much different do you mean not much better or are you talking about operation etc. Is the humidity causing the sensor to fog up?

3 hours ago, Adam J said:

When you say not much different do you mean not much better or are you talking about operation etc. Is the humidity causing the sensor to fog up?

Talking about the operation. It is a lot better than my Nikon DSLR, is the main cause is the humidity,

5 minutes ago, Benklerk said:

Talking about the operation. It is a lot better than my Nikon DSLR, is the main cause is the humidity,

Any more detail on this?

What about operation? Humidity causing what exactly?

Does the sensor fog? Get ice crystals? Does the camera become unresponsive?

4 minutes ago, Star101 said:

Any more detail on this?

What about operation? Humidity causing what exactly?

Does the sensor fog? Get ice crystals? Does the camera become unresponsive?

If the humidity gets to high the glass will start to fog over once the humidity gets between 85 and 90% I have to shut the camera down.

Also when I start to cool the camera down to -15C, if I do it to fast, fog starts to cover the chip and takes about 1 hr for it disappear. So I have to slow the rate of cooling to about 1C per min and the chance of fogging up is reduced. But I did notice the chamber is not sealed to well so moisture does get in easy. But once you live with the design flaws it works great. So when I want to image, I start the cooling about 90min before total darkness. The camera does get ice crystals but once the fogging is gone, the camera is good to go.

Archived