Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Polaris, my first double star image

After i finished last nights Luna imaging run, i decided it was time to try imaging a double star, so Polaris is nice and easy to find, this was a 30 second exposure with ED120 and 1000D at ISO 200 zoomed up a bit into a crop and saved as .png

Not brilliant but a good start

Polaris double.PNG

I have a list of coloured doubles that I have come across whilst star hopping if you want me to dig them out them Jules, I am sure they will make some nice images :happy8:

8 hours ago, nightfisher said:

Just looking on stellarium i would hazard a guess at Kochab

Just confused by the image scale, didn't think Kochab would be in the field? Not a problem, just trying to understand it myself!

9 hours ago, Pig said:

I have a list of coloured doubles that I have come across whilst star hopping if you want me to dig them out them Jules, I am sure they will make some nice images :happy8:

Hope you don't mind me asking but would you possibly share that with me also? I was out last night looking around and the only ones I know of are albireo and the middle star of the plough handle, and the former was below the horizon !

Just now, tooth_dr said:

Hope you don't mind me asking but would you possibly share that with me also? I was out last night looking around and the only ones I know of are albireo and the middle star of the plough handle, and the former was below the horizon !

No problems I will download a csv file from my phone and PM them to you :happy8:

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Just confused by the image scale, didn't think Kochab would be in the field? Not a problem, just trying to understand it myself!

stu, i could very likely be wrong, you know how bad i am at whats up there

Archived