Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Luna 102 Mak/1000D 7.4.17

nightfisher

Not overly happy with this, seems sharp in the lower area around Schiller upper highlands but soft on the opposite region. 102 Maksutov and 1000D 100 frames run through pipp and stacked in registax 6 and saved as .png file.

7.4.png

Just had a play with a new processed version, like we do, this is a stack of just four frames from same batch, run through pipp and registax a bit aggressive with wavelets and dropped the brightness a bit, looks like i have salvaged a half decent image, hoping to try again tonight maybe with ED120 

IMG_0559_pippwavelets.png

Cheers Stu, i missed out last night because i had fired up my imaging laptop, but did not use it, i keep forgetting i have an spc 900 that i have not used in ages, but my polar align was of a bit so would have been a bad move, going of subject a bit but i am liking the 120ED more and more, this was the same with my Phantom quad, at first i did not care much for it, but now i would not be with out it

14 minutes ago, Sierra Golf Mike said:

As always Jules, great work! I too am into R/C Flying in just about every guise!

cool, i just got back from maiden flight with my new build Tek sumo 900 wing, needs a little mod to get it right

The second one is better for sure.

Yes, one has to be cognizant on aggressive wavelet use, but not using them much at all is worse I find. 

Finding that balance of noise vs sharpening is the perpetual battle we face.

Worse, for me that is, what looks good on my processing laptop and its small monitor is NOT what looks best on my big monitor. So I have many iterations of gradual sharpening and noise reduction. 

Very nice disk with the lil mak. Thanks for sharing! 

Regards

Archived