Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon with Canon Powershot SX410 IS

Knighty2112

As a quick test tonight to test out my Canon Powershot SX410 IS bridge camera that I hope to use to track and plot Vesta during April time as it goes through Gemini, I got this single shot with the camera of the crescent moon in the twilight. I had a 1 second exposure time, and ISO set to 400 or possibly 800 (can't remember), and the zoom set to its maximum of 40x optical. A little tweak to take some of the glare from the light clouds in front of the moon, a crop to show the moon off better, and darken the picture up slightly and its not to bad for a single picture anyway I don't think. Hoping that I manage to capture and track Vesta with it anyway. Fingers crossed! :) 

58dd70272baf7_Moon30_03_17.thumb.png.345e07460f9621a9e8d29bf8790c7c0a.png

Just now, Charic said:

Its a good start. The image itself should have a properties tab, that should hold the info of your ISO setting.

Yes, I know. I made the mistake of after copying the images to my laptop to edit them that I then deleted the images I took off the camera, so lost all the properties data. Lol!

4 minutes ago, laudropb said:

Very nice Gus. Looks promising.

Cheers. I took a few images (5 in all) and tried to put them through Registak to try to enhance detail a little more, but it wouldn't process them alas. However, still pleased with it been just a single 1second exposure. :) 

great shot Gus, lovely detail for a single fame. be carefull that's how it started with me and before you know it your addicted to shooting anything in the sky and your bank account starts to become very light :icon_biggrin:. well done mate, charl.

On 31/03/2017 at 18:24, xtreemchaos said:

great shot Gus, lovely detail for a single fame. be carefull that's how it started with me and before you know it your addicted to shooting anything in the sky and your bank account starts to become very light :icon_biggrin:. well done mate, charl.

Yes Charl. I'm starting to hunger for a ZWO now too! Yikes! ;) 

Archived