NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter just after 1am this morning, conditions poor. Captured in SharpCap 2.10 with the ZWO ASI224MC, Celestron UV/IR cutoff filter, Tele Vue Powermate 2.5x, focal extension tubes and the Celestron Nexstar 8i SCT. Focal length approximately 5420mm, just under f25 if my calculations are correct. First time imaging with the Powermate.

I spent about 2 hours editing the final stacked image of 679 frames from Autostakkert with 1.5X drizzle, Registax for wavelets and some colour correction, noise reduction, RGB Align and final edit in PaintDotNet for further colour correction, some sharpening and a slight reduction in image size.

I just couldn't reach good focus last night with or without the Powermate. I have some vids without the Powermate so I'll see how they are later. Fingers crossed for better nights.

58d99a1e477ba_JupiterFinalAPWA(2).png.b005ae24d9684f8cafc23ce6febe85bd.png

Archived