Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Woohoo clear skies!

StormAurora

I have just spent 7hours observing!

Got a lot of observations done before moonrise, which was great. Took lots of images, I hope some of them come out.

Best bit, I am positive I saw the great red spot on Jupiter. Can anyone confirm, if it is visible, midnight UK?

His four moons all trailing in a line, just wonderful ?

A very happy bunny tonight. First clear night for about 2 weeks. Heaven.

Yes. I was looking at it!???

First GRS of the year. Bags of detail in the bands too. Can't wait for some shadow transits.

I use the Sky & Telescope Jupiter's Moons app. It is free and shows you where moons/shadows/GRS are lurking at any specified time.

Paul

Well done - I've never managed a session that long! I was out for a few hours last night and checked out Jupiter at about 23:15, the red spot looked to be just forward of the centre. I then confused myself by checking on Sky Safari as the seeing was making it come and go, and that showed the spot further back on the trailing side. I later realised Sky Safari was still on an earlier time and not showing real time, but the spot moves noticeably even in just an hour.

Archived