Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone have the TS 80mm f7 FPL-53 doublet?

26 minutes ago, Astrobug said:

For a little more you have the same scope but with the triplet.

I have it and for the price you get a lot for it.

Yeah, you're right but I would benefit the longer focal length of the 560mm f7 doublet for visual?

Edited by andy435

4 hours ago, andy435 said:

Yeah, you're right but I would benefit the longer focal length of the 560mm f7 doublet for visual?

You could always use a Barlow lens! I know how some feel about Barlows, but modern Barlow are generally very good and will allow the use of longer focal length eyepieces, there by retaining longer eye relief and comfort. I regularly use a cheap SW delux Barlow screwed to the nose piece of my binoviewer in my 100mm Takahashi and its superb! I even at times double stack Barlows to obtain silly high powers and the images are still wonderfully crisp and contrasty. A great option for high power viewing with a good quality short scope!

Mike 

As above I've just received my 80mm f6 triplet and am very impressed with it indeed.  Whilst I know it's not the one you're looking at, if this is any judge of quality I would say it's very likely to be a good performer and a good buy.

• 4 years later...